Buteyko Breathing- Day 2
I managed to keep my mouth closed most of the night simply by clamping
down. I did take a full course of Accolate, so there wasn't tightness.
But this morning I awoke feeling headachey and swollen from it and decided
not to take anything but Ventolin this morning.
A couple of times I felt my chest start to tighten up...but I immediately
tried to slow down my breathing and continue to breathe through my nose (as
opposed to gasping.)
This morning I walked up my eight flights to get to my desk...and man was
it slow going but my breathing was near normal when I got to my seat.
There was nearly no recovery time. When I huffed and puffed before (and
this was on corticosteroids), I could go faster but I'd arrive more out of
breath, coughing and sputtering.
Time will tell if this helps in the long run or not.
My controlled pause is still 20-22...so I'm not out of the woods yet...
11:00am
I did another walk up and down stairs...seven flights. I have some
discomfort, but it is managable. I took an application of Ventolin, my
first today.
3:00pm
I did another two sets of stairs. Breathing was good. Pace was slow. My
CP is 25!
9:00pm
I have some labored breathing so I took a half an Accolate. Still, this is
75% better than I have ever done without major meds.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home