Tuesday, August 17, 2004

CP 43

Since posting last, I had been on a bit of a waning plateau...asthma wasn't
too bad but my cough was trending toward the horrible. Today, I have been
pushing it, I must have done 20 or 30 CP's, most of which were in the low
30's and two in the 40's one at 40 and the other at 43. I feel if I keep
it up I'm almost ready to turn the tiniest, tinniest corner. My cough has
gotten a little bit better. Yes, I'm still croupy cough girl but...I've
been able to suppress many more hacks today than I have in a while.

It seems to me that there is a threshold that I cross when I hit at 30
where I start opening up my lungs. It strangely feels like an expansion,
yet of course it can't be an expansion because there is no air entering my
lungs. And I'm able to control my breath when I start breathing again...no
gulps.

I am not using any Ventolin right now but I'm still on my steroids. If I
can keep my resolve and keep going, I'll make an appointment to see my
doctor so I can reduce the dosage. My gut tells me if I reduce the dosage,
my cough will get proportionally better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home